I missed the last triennial in 2004, but I am making up for it by reading the book: Inside Design Now with writing by Ellen Lupton, one of my favorite designers, teachers, commenters and critic (all in one!)"The third Triennial brings together the experimental designs and emerging ideas—including animation, new media, and fashion, robotics, architecture, product, medical, and graphic design—at the center of American culture from 2003 to 2006.
Design Life Now features the work of 87 designers and firms who are leaders,
innovators, or emerging figures in the world of design. They are practicing across numerous creative fields, including architecture, products, landscapes, interiors, graphics, film, animation, interactive media, fashion, robotics, and more."
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Design Life Now: National Design Triennial 2006
It must be time for a road trip to DC! Its the National Design Triennial at the Cooper Hewitt Museum December 8, 2006–July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
O. Wow.
I'm going to need to hit that one the next time I'm up that way. Might have to send my mom on ahead of me. She'll love it too.
Other design shows that are great:
Smithsonian's Craft Show www.smithsoniancraftshow.com
Mom, Dad and I went last year when I was in D.C. for business. Dad's not normally a big fan of art shows, but even he was fascinated. I love the textiles and the amazing woodworking.
A-M if you haven't been, you'd probably love this one.
Or, this one is amazing, too. www.craftcouncil.org
(I need to learn enough html to make those hyperlinks.)
Post a Comment